50 Great Anniversary Date Ideas
“The courtship should not end with the honeymoon. It should continue through all the years.” That’s from the reading, Happiness in Marriage, which was written by an unknown author.
You married the love of your life and you care enough to be searching the internet for interesting ways to celebrate your anniversary. Good for you! I hope this list helps.
Here are 50 great anniversary date ideas
1) Laugh your butts off at a comedy club.
2) Go for a nature walk or hike. Check out the Arizona Trail Association.
3) Get some culture and go to a museum or play. Click here for a list of museums in the Phoenix area.
4) Go shopping together and splurge on something you’ve wanted for a while.
6) Try one, two or even three new restaurants in one day!
7) Take a painting class at The Brush Bar.
8) Pub Crawl while riding the most ridiculous tandem bike you’ve ever seen, at Tour de Tavern.
9) Water slide and wave pool at your local water park.
10) Find a new place to grab dessert. Google: “best places to eat dessert”
11) Dinner at the movie at Studio Movie Grill.
12) Surprise the other with jewelry. For great deals, try 1928 Jewelers.
13) Go for a hot air balloon ride, helicopter tour, or rent a sports car at Adreneline.com.
14) Relive a favorite date or go back to where you met.
15) Treat yourselves to a spa day.
16) Binge watch multiple episodes of your new favorite show.
17) Close the curtains, pop some popcorn and watch a movie.
19) Go listen to some live music. Check the New Times concert schedule here.
20) Volunteer. If you’re philanthropically minded, giving time or money to others is a great way to feel good about yourselves.
21) Take a boat ride. Visit one of the lakes near the Phoenix area.
22) Take a cooking class.
23) Take dancing lessons. Check out Fred Astaire Dance Studios.
24) Visit with family, especially older family members. There are two things that are sure to make a senior citizen smile, babies and lovebirds. Family members don’t usually expect to take part in an anniversary celebration. It can be a fun surprise. Go share you love!
25) Find a drive-in movie theater.
50 great anniversary date ideas
26) Go for a romantic picnic with champagne, chocolate and strawberries.
27) Go wine tasting.
28) Cheer for your favorite team at a local sporting event.
29) Get photos taken together. Hire the photographer from your wedding or find a photo booth in a mall.
30) Be the test subjects at a beauty school.
31) Fill a truck bed with pillows and blankets and go stargazing.
32) Find yard and garage sales.
33) Play laser tag or video games.
34) Miniature golf! A classic date idea.
35) Grocery shop at a farmer’s market.
36) Play Cards Against Humanity, Connect Four, Scrabble, Sorry, Battleship, etc.
37) Paddle boat on Tempe Town Lake.
38) Go to Costco and fill up on free samples and challenge yourselves not to buy anything.
39) Give each other massages or even practice the Kama Sutra, hubba hubba!
40) Take a romantic bubble bath with lit candles.
41) Come up with a bucket list together.
42) Attend trivia night at a bar or play bingo at a local casino.
43) Go roller or ice skating.
45) Pamper your partner with a homemade coupon book: one for foot rub, cleaning, grocery shopping, car wash, etc.
46) Surprise the other with a scavenger hunt.
47) Karaoke and sing your hearts out!
48) Make a time capsule and tuck away meaningful items and photos to open up down the road.
50) Take a cruise!
BONUS 51) Have 90 people text your partner an uplifting message within 90 minutes. Recently a friend contacted me because his wife was stressed out and overwhelmed. He was asking me and 89 other people to send her a text message, reminding her that she’s loved and appreciated. My time to text was 8:13am. He got 90 different people to text her every minute for 90 minutes. She was so appreciative!
Phew! 51 ideas is all I can come up with for now. Hopefully this gets your gears turnin’ and now you have a few solid ideas to choose from.
Remember, “The courtship should not end with the honeymoon. It should continue through all the years.”
50 Great Anniversary Date Ideas
Matt Nathanson-50 Great Anniversary Date Ideas-top of the page